Lower Testosterone which is scientifically called male hypogonadism is a condition in men when their testicles fail to produce enough testosterone. It is the primary sex hormone that is responsible for the development of sexual features and masculine traits in men like beard, hair in armpit and chest, deepened voice, etc.
Apart from that, the testosterone hormone has a lot of roles to play in men’s bodies.
It helps to:
- Develop and maintain muscle mass
- Maintain an adequate level of RBCs (red blood cells)
- Development of bone density
- Maintain strength and stamina
This truly explains why testosterone is the most needed hormone in men and having it in a lower amount can be major distress to their health and lifestyle. Lower testosterone level or Low Thence must be treated, either with natural remedies, supplements, or medications.
But, what defines a lower T-level? It is still not clear what the normal T-level in men is. The level is not uniform in men even throughout the day. Besides, it depends on a number of factors like body mass index, diet, and nutrition, age, physical activities.
However, it is generally the testosterone level that keeps a man energized, helps him have enough physical strength and stamina, maintains his sexual urges, and keeps him sexually active.
So, having a low T-level means experiencing exactly the opposite of these conditions along with many other related problems. The problems can be severe making it difficult for men to lead a normal life. Let’s get to know them.
Lower Testosterone is Not a Healthy Condition in Men: Find Out Why
Before we answer why lower T-level is not a desirable health condition for men, we must know what makes that happen i.e. what causes the Testosterone level to drop.
It is usually age. As men age above 30, their T-level naturally declines. It continues for their whole life with an average drop of 1% every year. When the decline rate is higher than normal, it is a problem and needs medical aid or remedy.
A number of reasons can be responsible for it:
- Improper functioning of testicles due to some injury, the lower blood supply to testicles, or infection which disrupts the production of testosterone
- Medical conditions, including prolonged therapies and medications
- Dysfunction of the pituitary gland ‘
- Addictions of alcohol or tobacco
- Chronic kidney problem
- Short term and long term illnesses
- Cirrhosis of liver
- Extreme weight loss or obesity
- Stress, mental health problem, or sleep disorder
While these are causes behind lower T-level, it is important to learn how it can have a significant effect on men’s lives, especially their sex life.
Difficulties Faced Due to Lower T Hormone
Men with lower testosterone hormone are in trouble to have their usual sexual experiences. Their desire to get into sex decreases too much. They can have trouble in erections or maintaining their erections firmly for a long time. In other words, they get lesser erections which are also not strong enough.
A major problem of lower T-level is erectile dysfunction which reduces the desire for sex in men. So, it leaves a serious impact on their relationships or marriage.
There are several other problems of lower T hormone faced by men. While some of them are associated with reduced sexual performance, some are other health problems.
Here are the following problems:
- Depressed mood, anxiety, and irritability
- Lack of energy or stamina to perform regular chores
- Loss of muscular strength and motivation to do physical exercises, gym, or workouts
- Decrease in hair growth or loss of hair
- Osteoporosis i.e. decline in bone mass
- Lower sperm production and infertility
- Lack of confidence
- Increase in body weight
All these unwanted changes caused due to lower T levels, it becomes essential to go for testosterone therapy to reverse these impacts.
Treatments for Lower Testosterone
These are some of the effective ways to regain back the normal testosterone hormone level.
- Natural testosterone-boosting supplements are made with completely organic ingredients like oat straw extracts, ashwagandha root, black pepper, jack root, mucuna seeds, etc. Along with boosting the T-level, they help in improving other health conditions like fat burning, increase muscle mass and stamina.
- Use testosterone gel needs to apply to the upper back and shoulders.
- Wearing a patch in either part of the body gradually releases the hormone into the blood.
While the latter two therapies require serious medical guidance and from experienced hormone therapists, trying natural supplements is a bit less complex. All you need to know is the appropriate dose, according to your body type and existing T-level.
Men with lower testosterone hormone are not only faced with serious health consequences but also psychological problems or emotional repercussions. It is due to their inabilities to have normal sex activities which causes a strain in their healthy relationship with their partner. Infertility is the extreme condition of lower Testosterone!
Therefore, seeing a doctor and getting immediate therapy is a must if you are facing any symptoms of lower T level.